The Repair Process
When inspecting an antique clock or watch for the first time, there are a few rudimentary tasks that Rowe Antique Clocks undertakes:
- inspecting and taking apart watches or clocks to identify faults
- service history
- cleaning and oiling parts
- making new parts to replace worn ones
- checking for accuracy
Lathes, jeweling tools, heat treatment equipment and hand tools (tweezers, spring hole punch pliers, precision screwdrivers) are just some of the specialist tools available to the Horologist.
- Before an antique clock is restored and conserved, the requirements of the work are fully communicated and discussed with the owner.
- A suggested time period for the restoration work to be completed within is also discussed.
- A quotation will be provided for all restorations and repairs to act as an informative, clear guide to the overall cost.
- All work undertaken comes with a twelve month guarantee.
Please contact Rowe Antique Clocks to make an appointment for your antique clock to be serviced.
Mark Rowe may be contacted on: 020 8605 0331.